Overnight Rafting on the Ngaruroro River
From the Mountains of the Kaweka Ranges, to the Vineyards of the Heretaunga Plains
Have you always had a desire to do an overnight river rafting trip, but been put off by the thought of “roughing it”?
You know, all those mental pictures of poor food, being cold, wet, tired, and sleeping on uneven ground?
If Roughing It Is Not You, Then Is This?
River Valley’s Mountains to Vineyard overnight rafting trip on the Ngaruroro River, could be the trip you are after. This is unique amongst activities in Hawkes Bay in that it matches the regions strengths of wine and food with a great adventure.
Imagine a comfortable amount of rafting on each of the two days. Rapids not exceeding Grade 3 – that is fun but not too challenging – and most of the time surrounded by the spectacular Hawkes Bay wilderness scenery of the Kaweka Ranges.
So who is this trip especially for?
People like Brian (our boss!).
Is This What You Would Want?
This trip is for people who want:
- Moderate adventure
- Great food and good wine
- Comfortable riverside camping
- The fun of riding rapids
- And all of this surrounded by beautiful scenery
A Very Short Season
The season for the Ngaruroro is very short as Hawkes Bay being on the eastern side of the North Island has full summer come early. We have departures during October, November and early December only. After this date the river generally has insufficient water.
Click on the Booking Link on this page to check availability and to Book your trip.
Custom Departure Dates Are Available
Custom dates are possible if no published dates suit your schedule. There is a minimum group size of 4. We may have other people who are interested in the same dates – so ALWAYS ENQUIRE!
What we provide
- Wetsuit or fleece lined paddle pants, helmet, lifejacket, neoprene booties, fleece top, paddle jacket, and on cooler days, neoprene socks.
- Tents and luxury sleeping pads
- 1 night in a deluxe ensuite guest room at River Valley Lodge the night before departure on the river
- Meals provided – 2 x Cooked Breakfast, 2 x Lunch, 1 x on river Dinner. 1 x Dinner at River Valley Lodge the night before trip departure
What to bring
- Towel, Swimsuit and a thirst for adventure
- Sleeping bags
- A complete gear list will be sent to you on Booking