Is River Valley The Right Wedding Venue For You?
River valley is not your ‘main stream’ (pun intended) wedding venue.
Does the idea of planning a traditional wedding give you stage fright? Especially when you could be planning something fun like your next adventure together? Well, why not combine the two! If you love the outdoors, nature and adventures, and want to incorporate this into your wedding, then River Valley could be the perfect venue for you.
Small Wedding, Big Celebration
Do you want a small, intimate wedding? We can seat up to a maximum of 90 people in the lodge, perfect for an exclusive, intimate, and cosy wedding. A small wedding can still be a big celebration but less stressful and less expensive! Being a small venue means we can guarantee you exclusive use of the whole venue and all our facilities, from 9am the day of your wedding, until 9am the next morning.
Our food and beverage staff will be delighted to work with you on the catering for your wedding. We major in Farm-To-Table style cooking, and believe in ‘real’ food that is sustainable and locally sourced. Most of our produce comes from our on site vegetable gardens, and we use fresh eggs from our chickens. We also have a fully licensed bar on site. Our wedding catering consists of 3 courses, usually served buffet style. All catering and drinks are to be arranged through River Valley unless agreed with management.
Your Next Adventure
How many of your friends can say they went white water rafting, or horse riding, when they got married? Our wedding package includes a free adventure activity for the bride and groom – a great way to test your relationship! We encourage you to get your friends and family involved too!
The variety of horse riding options that River Valley Stables offers means that everyone from beginners, to seasoned riders, can find a trek that suits.
Our Wedding Package
Taihape, New Zealand – Great location - show map
Planning a wedding can be a stressful time, and we know budgets can be tight, so we wanted our package to be great value and include everything you’ll need to get started.
We aim for you to have River Valley exclusively to yourselves from 9am on the day of your wedding, to 9am the morning after. Unlike other venues you will have exclusive use of the lodge, grounds, and all the facilities for the day.
Before booking we recommend you read our full Weddings Portfolio, or call in for a visit. When you have a date in mind please contact us and our experienced team can take care of the rest for you.
The Package Includes:
- Your wedding ceremony and reception at River Valley
- Exclusive venue hire from 9am the day of your wedding, until 9am the next morning.
- 2 nights accommodation for the bride and groom in one of our Riverside Deluxe ensuite rooms.
- A 3 course dinner for the bride and groom.
- Cooked breakfast for the bride and groom both days they are staying.
- An adventure activity for the bride and groom. Choose from our grade 5 white water rafting, scenic rafting or a Harmony With Horses ride (please note some of these activities have seasonal restrictions).
- Complimentary use of our spa and sauna facilities.
- Guest accommodation
- Food and drinks (we are a licensed premises so you cannot BYO)
- Extra adventure activities
- Hire of horses or rafts for the ceremony
- Use of the Sage’s house and gardens for bridal party or photos
- Music played down into the valley