Senior Grade 4/5 River Guide
Currently this position is available
Posted on – 12th October 2020
Senior Grade 4/5 River Guide – River Valley Ventures Ltd
River Valley has a rare opportunity for a Senior Grade 4/5 River Guide (or skilled Grade 4/5 Guide that thinks they have what it takes to become a Senior Guide) to join our Family Team.
What you need to know about the job:
- You will not only be guiding on the Grade 4/5 section of the Rangitikei, but also guiding our Family Scenic Trips, Inflatable Kayak Trips and Multi Day Expeditions on the Rangitikei and Ngaruroro Rivers. There may also be the opportunity to be trained in our own Wooden Dory’s used for the Whanganui River Trips.
- We will be looking for someone with high levels of technical experience, but also self -motivated and fun.
- Due to the offerings of River Valley, you will also be trained to work with the Lodge Crew Staff.
- Start time October/November 2020, with a finish date negotiable (late March to end of April).
- Staff accommodation will be available.
- Class 2 licence would be a bonus, but not essential.
Applications close 11th October 2020.
Please send Cover Letter and CV to:
Life at the Lodge
River Valley is isolated in some senses of the word. We are 30 minutes drive from the nearest town, and about 2 hours from the nearest city. If applying for a position with us, please bear in mind that you will not be living close to your present family and friends – you will have to make new ones!
The staff at River Valley are a fun lot and will welcome you into their circle. These are the same people you will most likely live amongst, work with, and play with.
It is not a requirement, but due to our remote location it is highly recommended that you have a driving license and a car.
Staff accommodation is available, either on or off site.
Amongst other great benefits, staff get discounted food and drinks at the lodge and can hop onto any of our trips if space allows.
Great Opportunities To Work
In A Fun Environment
Often what was intended to be a stop over of a couple of weeks, becomes several months!!
River Valley is committed to being a drug and alcohol free workplace.
“When our son, Andy went to New Zealand he spent about half of his year there working at River Valley. Even 5 years later he continues to rave about the place and the people – and therefore it had to be on our route.”
To read the rest of this Travel Blog, click here