Looking for a new exciting opportunity? We are stoked to be growing our team this coming summer.
Senior Grade 4/5 River Guide
Currently this position is available
Posted on – 07 October 2021
Senior Grade 4/5 & Multi-Day River Guide
River Valley has a rare opportunity for a Senior Grade 4/5 River Guide (or skilled Grade 4/5 Guide that thinks they have what it takes to become a Senior Guide) to join our Family Team. As a guide at River Valley, you will not only be guiding guests on some incredible stretches of water and hosting them at the Lodge, but also be a part of a company that advocates for the river, helps control plant and animal pests and has an overall commitment to our environment.
What you need to know about the job:
- Rivers: You will not only be guiding on the Grade 4/5 section of the Rangitikei, but also guiding our Family Scenic Trips, Inflatable Kayak Trips and Multi Day Expeditions on the Rangitikei and Ngaruroro Rivers. There may also be the opportunity to be trained in our own Wooden Dory’s used for the Whanganui River Trips.
- Conservation: Guides share a roster to check stoat traps upstream and downstream of the lodge
- Experience: We will be looking for someone with high levels of technical experience, but also someone who is self-motivated and fun.
- Lodge: Due to the offerings of River Valley, you will also be trained to work with the Lodge Crew.
- Season: This is a seasonal position for Summer 2021/22
- Other Qualifications: Class 2 licence would be a bonus, but not essential.
If you are not a senior but think you have what it takes, then please get in touch
Please send Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Life at the Lodge
River Valley is isolated in some senses of the word. We are 30 minutes drive from the nearest town, and about 2 hours from the nearest city. If applying for a position with us, please bear in mind that you will not be living close to your present family and friends – you will have to make new ones!
The staff at River Valley are a fun lot and will welcome you into their circle. These are the same people you will most likely live amongst, work with, and play with.
It is not a requirement, but due to our remote location it is highly recommended that you have a driving license and a car.
Staff accommodation is available, either on or off site.
Amongst other great benefits, staff get discounted food and drinks at the lodge and can hop onto any of our trips if space allows.
Great Opportunities To Work
In A Fun Environment
These are great opportunities to work at a progressive adventure Lodge and enjoy the atmosphere and location that makes River Valley unique.
Often what was intended to be a stop over of a couple of weeks, becomes several months!!
River Valley is committed to being a drug and alcohol free workplace.
“When our son, Andy went to New Zealand he spent about half of his year there working at River Valley. Even 5 years later he continues to rave about the place and the people – and therefore it had to be on our route.”
To read the rest of this Travel Blog, click here