Conditions: Minimum age 13 years. This trip requires a minimum of 4 adult fares to run. If you are a solo, please contact our reception on 0800 248666 or check our list of guaranteed departures, to join an existing trip.
Brief Trip Itinerary
Night Before Departure:
Arrive at River Valley Lodge in time for a home cooked 3 course dinner (7pm).
Spend the night in a deluxe ensuite room.
Relax and enjoy complimentary use of the spa and sauna.
Enjoy breakfast at the lodge, load the gear onto the rafts and get kitted out with your equipment. Drive to the put on beside the Springvale bridge on the Napier/Taihape road. You will be on the river mid-morning and run a variety of fun Grade 2 and 3 rapids, stopping for a picnic lunch along the way. The campsite this night is situated just before the start of the grade 5 gorge section.
Start the day with a classic river trip breakfast. Mid-morning hop back on the raft and enter the Grade 5 sectionGrade 5 White Water Rafting New Zealand of the Rangitikei River. Over the next hour and a half raft famous rapids such as Fulcrum and Foamy, before arriving at River Valley Lodge for a hot shower and lunch. Continue your journey, taking in some of the dramatic scenery along the river, as you make your way downstream to the next camp.
This is a very scenic day, journeying through the lower canyons of the Rangitikei River. These canyons include the spectacular Mokai Gorge. Expect to be at the take out by early to mid-afternoon, transport will meet you and return you to River Valley Lodge (approximately one hour drive). From the lodge, you can return home or choose to spend another night (not included in the price).
What we provide:
- Wetsuit or fleece lined paddle pants, helmet, lifejacket, neoprene booties, fleece top, paddle jacket
- Tents, extra thick sleeping pads.
- One night in a deluxe ensuite room (share twin/double) is provided free before the trip departs.
- Meals provided – 3 x Cooked Breakfast, 3 x Lunch, 2 x on river Dinner
- Dinner on the night before departure, at River Valley Lodge
- Transport associated with the activity
What to bring:
- Sleeping bags
- Swimwear and towel
- A complete gear list will be sent to you on Booking
- Alternatively, follow this link to download the “What To Bring List”