Please note:This trip requires a minimum of 4 adult fares to run. If you are a solo, please contact us, to join an existing trip.
Mokai Canyon 3 Day River Trip
Do You Like Seeing What is Around the Next Bend?
If you are the type of family who wish to cover some river miles, who wants to see what lies around each bend, and still cram in a side hike, then this is the trip for you. A three day adventure holiday not to be missed.
While there will still be plenty of time for everyone to relax around camp, swimming, fishing, or simply reading a book, this trip will also introduce you to some beautiful Rangitikei River Canyons. This trip can also be a fantastic family adventure holiday.
Lord of the Rings Country
You will be forgiven for thinking that some of the canyon on the second days rafting looks like a scene from the Lord of The Rings Trilogy.
That is because with its spectacular cliffs and gorge, it was in fact used as a scene for the Fellowship of the Ring.
See if you can pick the location!
What is Included?
- All camping and river gear with the exception of sleeping bags
- All Food – 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners
- Two fantastic days on the river
- Free bunk room accommodation at River Valley Lodge the night prior to departure
- Transport associated with the activity
How To Book
When you book, a “What to bring list” will be sent to you.
Click on the Booking Link on this page to check availability and to Book your multi-day river adventure.
Custom dates are possible if no published dates suit your schedule. Please make an enquiry with one of our Adventure Consultants by phone or email if this is the case.
Alternatively Search for other suitable rafting trips here
What we provide
- Wetsuit or fleece lined paddle pants, helmet, lifejacket, neoprene booties, fleece top, paddle jacket, and on cooler days, neoprene socks.
- Tents, sleeping pads (please note we do not provide sleeping bags)
- One night in a River Valley Lodge bunkroom is provided free before the trip departs. You may upgrade this accommodation for an extra tariff
- Meals provided – 2 x Cooked Breakfast, 2 x Lunch, 1 x on river Dinner. Dinner on the night before departure is included at River Valley Lodge
What to bring
- Sleeping bags
- Swimwear and towel
- A complete gear list will be sent to you on Booking
- There are Payment Options for this Adventure